Sunday, March 28, 2010

Glass is Green

So, this is the topic I have decided upon - basically entails how to market, in a socially-conscious way, the earth-friendly attributes of glass, the most recyclable packaging material, with 'supposedly' lowest carbon footprint. The marketing plan will be intertwined with my company, Owens-Illinois' (O-I), business objectives to make some $ off of the macro-economic, environmental issues of global warming and better recycling.

I am meeting with our sustainability group tomorrow to learn on how they are going about doing some of this stuff already and what kind of data they have at hand, to supplement by independent research.

The intersting part for me will be to avoid any conflicts of interest and keep the study unbiased as my focus will be (and should be) on the social "good" rather than using the topic to promote O-I's product. On the other hand, the opportunity may turn into a "trojan horse" within my company itself.

More to follow... keep checking... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment