Saturday, April 17, 2010

BP - Product of Glass

As a product, glass offers the following benefits as a bundle:

1. Environment friendly / recyclable
2. Superior taste of beverage
3. Health and Wellness (does not react with contents / beverage)
4. Visual appeal (looks premuim compared to other packaging materials)

Thinking of the all product attributes of glass, I took our in-class laddering exercise (the features>benefits>values framework) and used it to create the attributes in the following 3 categories. I highlight (italicize) the ones which I will focus on as differentiation attributes in the communication message.

Search Attributes:
1. Recyclability / Environment friendliness
2. Looks / Appeal
3. Health factor
4. Weight
5. Price

Experience Attributes:
1. Taste / Flavor (of beverage)
2. Feel / Handling
3. Durability
4. Safety
5. Convenience

Credence Attributes:
1. Good citizenship
2. Good parenting
3. Premuim image / cool / sophisticated
4. Self-esteem / satisfaction
5. Health
6. Smart / frugal

Not sure I understood the concept of power attributes (need to check with Prof)

Hopefully, I am on the right track with my BP framework here...

No comments:

Post a Comment